Sunday 11 October 2015

Reluctantly Addicted to You

For about the last 6 weeks I've been on a constant dose of Dilaudid or hydromorphone. My gall bladder is unusually large and was causing extreme abdominal pain, to the point that I would lay in the back yard at 2 in the morning because the cool grass felt a little better than laying on my couch. Fortunately, my liver doctor has prescribed a drug that is designed to bust up gall stones and I've stopped being able to feel my gall bladder with my hands because I think it's working.

It was actually funny because I googled my symptoms (I know better but I had nothing to do) and I diagnosed myself with an enlarged gall bladder. At one of my appointments I told my doctor about it and he looked at me sideways and felt around my abdomen. The good news was that it wasn't my liver but he couldn't feel anything else. I protested that I was sure it was my gall bladder but because it wasn't an area that was cancerous we were both fairly happy. I had a CT scan a couple of weeks afterwards and asked him about it there and he said, "actually, your gall bladder is the size of a sausage!" I replied, "I knew it!" We both chuckled but deep down I was relieved to know what I had been feeling wasn't something dangerous.

My concern now was that the drug was initially prescribed to me by an ER doctor when I came in for pain relief and my doctor just re-wrote a prescription to continue on it. They asked my symptoms and I explained that it was an egg shaped lump in my abdomen and pain; I also told them that Dilaudid seemed to be the only thing that worked for me. For whatever reason Morphine doesn't seem to touch my pain. Maybe I just have the wrong receptors for it. They obliged and dosed me with Dilaudid and wrote me a prescription for the drug and sent me on my way once my pain was under control. I was upset because I wanted to know where the pain was coming from. I showed them where I felt it and was hoping for an ultrasound or some kind of imaging that might indicate why I was in this pain but they just seemed to want to get me out of there and on my way.

My goal was not to drug seek, I wanted to stop hurting. Given the choice I'd rather treat the source of the pain, not the pain itself. Regardless, this entire time I have been treated with Dilaudid. This has left me feeling like absolute junk. I walk around in a haze, some days unable to even find the motivation to get out of bed; and when I do all I want to do is have a snack and get back into bed. I attempted 2 of my Ironman races on the drug but was unsuccessful and I think it played at least a factor in my inability to finish those races. Days when I have to referee a hockey game I need at least a 3 hour nap mid day to get to the rink or I won't have the energy to even get dressed at the rink.

At one point in September I tried to get off the drug and went right back to it after suffering through the sweats, shakes and intense vomiting. I was no longer taking the drug to avoid pain, I was taking it to not go through withdrawal. I was addicted to a narcotic. What the hell had happened? How did it happen so fast? What wasn't it more fun?

I don't blame my oncologist at all. He is trusting the judgement of another professional who felt the best course of treatment is to hit me with the drug so I'd feel better. My frustration is with the ER doctor and his apparent lack desire to do any digging. See pain - give pill. How many drug addicts are being created through this manner of treatment? Then, when I'm sent on my way, there was no suggestion or recommendation of what to do when I want to get off of this powerful narcotic. Is his expectation that I just get hooked on it and live that way forever? Whatever length of time that may be?

We accuse many people in our society of being drug-seeking addicts and I openly admit I had the same prejudice. We see these people going to the ER to get pills to make them feel better. Who knows how many of them got hooked on the drug the to begin with by a legitimate complaint that may result from the street life so many of them live? Imagine being one of our city's indigent and getting into a fight or being assaulted downtown one night. You're taken by ambulance or police car to the hospital and to treat your pain from broken ribs or black eyes with a narcotic. After a couple of days in a bed you're discharged with a small number of pills or one last IV dose and then sent on your way. I know that if I wasn't counselled about what to do when the drugs run out there is NO chance that a homeless person is being given any of this information.

My biggest saving grace, I'm certain, is that I have a good education and the motivation to get off of this drug in the least harmful manner possible. I have resources that I can seek out, I have access to the internet, I will be able to do this eventually. But for those in our city (or country) that are less fortunate they get stuck on an addiction treadmill that may be impossible to get off of.

I hope this doesn't come off as too sanctimonious or left wing for my friends and family but I hope over this Thanksgiving weekend you can look at your own life and appreciate the great things you have. Not every day is great but there is great in every day.

In the immortal words of Bill S. Preston, Esq and "Ted" Theodore Logan:







11 comments:

  1. Our online pharmacy is a trusted and legit supplier of medications at discounted prices
    No need for a prescription we sell medications like
    -Pain Medicines
    -Anti Anxiety
    -Weight loss
    -ADHD
    -Sleeping Aids
    -Cannabis Oil
    -Pharmaceutical Powders
    Visit our website to place your order www.authenticmeds.com
    Call or text or whatsapp +1916-407-2673

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been getting Dilaudid which is great working from an online pharmacy and I think they are the best.
    The Dilaudid's are FDA-approved, and they shipping is reliable.
    The good thing about this is, they ship from within the US, so no customs interference.
    And they deliver within 1-2 business days.
    With or without a prescription its still possible to order Dilaudid's from them I think that’s pretty cool.
    They’re called www.authenticmeds.com
    Call or text or whats app +1916-407-2673

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methyforsale is one of the best legit sites for research chemicals,we have experience in business and have been shipping to most countries around the world especially in Europe,we have MDMA for sale, MDPV for sale,a-PHP,a-PVP crystal, mephedrone, etc,we accept bitcoin and do discreet delivery, checkout more of our products below..

    Buy LSD Blotter
    LSD Blotter for sale
    Buy Fentanyl powder
    Fentanyl powder for sale
    Buy a-pvp crystal
    A-pvp crystal for sale
    Buy mdma molly
    Mdma molly pills for sale
    Buy methylone crystal
    methylone crystal for sale
    Buy xanax bars online
    xanax bars for sale

    https://methyforsale.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I RECENTLY PURCHASE MEDICATIONS FROM QUALITY MEDS SHOP ONLINE AND I CAN HONESTLY STATE THEY ARE THE BEST ONLINE VENDORS OF MEDS. DELIVERY? WOW THAT WAS SMOOTH SAILING AND IT WAS ALSO FREE FOR MY FIRST ORDER. I ALSO GOT REAL MEDS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM .
    YOU CAN REACH THEM VIA
    Wickr: qualitymedsshop
    email:qualitymedsshop@gmail.com
    Text/WhatsApp: +1 (425) 390-4697
    Website: www.qualitymedsshop.com
    NOTE/ FOR QUICKER REPOND, WICKR ID: qualitymedsshop
    THEY ALSO GIVE GREAT DISCOUNTS ON LARGE QUANTITY PURCHASE . DO REACH OUT TO THEM TODAY. THEY ALSO DELIVER MEDS TO MOST COUNTRIES AS THEY HAVE THE RIGHT FDA AND CUSTOM APPROVAL TO DELIVER MEDS



    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There,
    Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    We have been in supplying research chemicals for several years and have gained a great reputation amongst researchers both online and offline. We are a specialized supplier of innovative research chemical agents that can be used for laboratory testing, as well as professional lab equipment.With a great track record for superb customer service, high purity research chemicals and the broadest selection of newly synthesized products, we are the preferred partner for a large number of researchers active in the field of biochemistry and pharmacology within Europe.
    Email:SALES@GREENFIELDRESEARCHCHEMICALS.COM
    Click here for more information:- more details....

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are a US based company involved in the Distribution and sales of pain pills,
    Buy MDMA online
    Buy LSD online
    buy Adderall online
    Buy DMT crystals online
    Buy Jwh-018 Online
    buy U47700 Powder online
    buy fentanyl powder online
    Buy Pure Crystal Meth Online
    Buy Molly MDMA Pills (Pure MDMA)
    Buy a-PHP crystals online
    Buy a-PVP Online
    Buy Alprazolam Powder Online
    buy Furanyl fentanyl Online
    Buy Hydrocodone Watson 540 online
    Our products stand the best in the market in terms of quality and pricing.We do sell at cheap prices and shipping is done expressly overnight in USA and Canada upon discrete packaging.We also have very good wholesale prices and regularly ship all over Europe and Australia.We also carry a wide range of scientific research chemicals which are labelled not for human consumption.Payments and other transactions are done securely with our company so clients are guaranteed 100% satisfaction. Also we provide a free catalog which contains relevant information concerning the over 100 products we sell thus we invite everyone to get a free copy of this catalog and learn more about our products.Lastly we call on everyone to try our magnificent products which we sell like a-pvp. order directly https://omegaxresearchchem.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buy Jwh-018 Online ..JWH 018 is a mildly selective agonist of the peripheral cannabinoid (CB2) receptor, derived from the aminoalkylindole WIN 55,212-2. The Ki values for binding central cannabinoid (CB1) and CB2 receptors are 9.0 and 2.94 nM, respectively, for a CB1:CB2 ratio of 3.06.1 Its effects on suppression of spontaneous activity, maximum possible antinociceptive effect in the tail-flick assay, and rectal temperature are comparable to those of WIN 55,212-2 when tested in rats.
    Buy Jwh-018 online today at very low prize. Buy from http://omegaxresearchchem.com means Quantity is Guaranteed .The more you buy the less you pay. Best Quality ever NO ANALOGUES. We also have products like buy Adderall online Buy DMT crystals online ,Buy Jwh-018 Online, buy U47700 Powder online, buy fentanyl powder online, Buy Pure Crystal Meth Online, Buy MollyMDMA Pills (Pure MDMA), Buy a-PHP crystals online, Buy a-PVP Online, Buy Alprazolam Powder Online, buy Furanyl fentanyl Online, Buy Hydrocodone Watson 540 online,buy LSD BLOTTERS online and many more.order directly from https://omegaxresearchchem.com/product/buy-jwh-018-online/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great content sir
    Buy a-php crystals for sale , Buy Dibutylone Crystal online , buy pure heroin online

    PHP is commonly referred to as alpha-pyrrolidinyl-hexaphenone, PHP, and alpha-PHP. The IUPAC name for a-PHP is (±)-1-Phenyl-2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)-1-hexanone. We can look at the research conducted on this research chemical. Research was conducted by ACD/Labs’, US Environmental Protection Agency’s EPISuite, and ChemAxon. Properties that were predicted by ACD/Labs showed 2 #H bond acceptors, 5 #Freely rotating bonds, index of refraction at 1.535 with a surface tension of 39.3±3.0 dyne/cm, a flash point of 127.3±12.5 °C and a boiling point of 362.4±25.0 °C at 760 mmHg.

    PHP is commonly referred to as alpha-pyrrolidinyl-hexaphenone, PHP, and alpha-PHP. The IUPAC name for a-PHP is (±)-1-Phenyl-2-(1-pyrrolidinyl)-1-hexanone. We can look at the research conducted on this research chemical. Research was conducted by ACD/Labs’, US Environmental Protection Agency’s EPISuite, and ChemAxon. Properties that were predicted by ACD/Labs showed 2 #H bond acceptors, 5 #Freely rotating bonds, index of refraction at 1.535 with a surface tension of 39.3±3.0 dyne/cm, a flash point of 127.3±12.5 °C and a boiling point of 362.4±25.0 °C at 760 mmHg. Properties that were predicted by the US Environmental Protection Agency’s EPISuite showed the boiling point at 339.06, melting point at 108.90, and the vapor pressure estimations at 3.59E-005.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. we provide buy Erimin 5mg tablets at affordable prices. for more info visit our website.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buy Crystal Mеth Online
    Buy Meth Online. Crystal mеth iѕ the common name fоr сrуѕtаl methamphetamine, a ѕtrоng аnd highly addictive drug that affects the central nеrvоuѕ ѕуѕtеm.
    meth for sale, buy meth, buy crystal meth online, buy methamphetamine online, crystal meth online, buy crystal meth, order meth online

    ReplyDelete